Advanced Search Hints
Use Advanced Search to narrow down your search across multiple record types. Below are a few search tips to help you get started.
- Along with Catalog records, People, Creator, and Container List records can also be searched in Advanced Search.
- Within a single category, the Advanced Search uses OR as the default connector between words (e.g. a search for Holly Haven will return records associated with Holly OR Haven).
- You can type terms in multiple categories to further narrow down your search results. Categories are connected with an AND connector.
- If you want to find records where both keywords are found, type in AND between the two words.
- To search for a specific phrase, be sure to put the phrase within quotes (e.g. "Whitesbog Blueberry Notes").
- You can use the asterisk (*) as a wildcard (e.g. a search for histor* would come up with records containing history, histories, historical, etc.).
- Searches are not case sensitive.